Canada Stops Paying Security For Harry and Meghan – The Canadian government refused to provide security facilities free of charge to the couple Harry and Meghan Markle after both officially resigned from the duties of the United Kingdom on 31 March 2020.
Previously, the Canadian government through the Royal Canadian Mounted Police or RMCP has provided protection to the couple who settled in Canada since November 2019.
“Assistance (security) will cease in the coming weeks, according to changes in their status,” said Mary-Liz Power, a spokesman for Canadian public safety such as Suara.com.
Power said, as long as Harry and Meghan were both Duke and Duchess of Sussex, both were considered ‘internationally protected people’ and had to be guaranteed safety wherever they were based on international agreements.
The British Metropolitan Police have also asked the Royal Canadian Police to provide security assistance during their stay in Canada.
After they both resigned from the official duties of the United Kingdom, it is not Canada Stops Paying Security clear who will pay the security fees for the royal couple and their baby Archie later.
The following is a complete statement from the Office of the Canadian Minister of Public Security that reads: ‘The Duke and Duchess of Sussex who chose to move to Canada on a part-time basis gave our government a unique and unprecedented set of circumstances.
has been involved with officials in the UK from the start regarding security considerations. ‘Because Duke and Duchess are currently recognized as Internationally Protected People, Canada has an obligation to provide security assistance based on need. ‘ Bandar Ceme Live
“At the request of the Metropolitan Police, the RCMP has provided assistance to Met since the arrival of the Duke and Duchess to Canada since November 2019.” The assistance will cease in the coming weeks, according to changes in their status. ”
Harry and Meghan announced on Friday that they would stop using the word ‘royal’ in their branding in the Spring of 2020 after they both stopped working for the British Royal Family in March.
On Wednesday, the prince arrived in Edinburgh and became his first public appearance in England since announcing he quit.